Damerons Farm Covid 19 information and policy
Thank you for booking your stay at Damerons Farm – we look forward to welcoming you, and hope you fall in love with life-on-the-farm just as we have. Our tranquil, rural countryside retreat is the perfect escape and prior to your arrival, we kindly ask you to take the time to read through our COVID-19 policy & procedures note. Whilst we don’t want COVID procedures to dominate your stay, it’s important you are aware of the changes we have made to keep you, and other guests safe.
- Firstly, be reassured that should you need to cancel a booking due to the pandemic we will refund in full any monies paid or offer a credit to roll-over to a future date – all we ask is to be provided with as much notice as possible if a cancellation is imminent.
- Every cottage undergoes a full, extensive deep clean prior to your visit, including changing all mattress and pillow protectors between each guest.
- Upon arrival, you will find your key in the door of your cottage(s), this will have been sanitised before being placed in the door for you.
- We have moved all in-cottage reading material to the Games Room, in the courtyard area of the farm – here you will find our selection of books that we are happy for you to use for the duration of your stay. You will also see a returns box where we kindly ask you to leave any reading material once you have finished with it so we can allow for the appropriate time-frame of them being out of use for any other guests.
- If you are staying with us for a longer period of time that will warrant linen & towel changes, we will try to arrange the change-day with you before you arrive so we can assure appropriate social distancing measures are in place.
- For the duration of your stay, your booked cottage is yours, and exclusively yours however in total there are 7 cottages at the farm and therefore, there may be other guests staying at the same time as you. We kindly ask that you adhere to the social distancing measures at all times with those who are not part of your ‘bubble’.
- There are several communal, indoors areas such as the Games Room & Laundry Room – these areas will remain open to guests. We have provided hand-sanitising stations which we encourage you to use.
- In the Games Room you will find a wide range of resources regarding local businesses, restaurants, takeaways, activity ideas, places to visit etc. Please feel free to take any leaflets to look over, however, please do not pick-up a leaflet to read, and then return it. Please take the leaflet away with you or dispose of it.
- In the Games Room we have a pool table & table football as well as a few interactive things for children to play with. You are welcome to all, but please be sensible – we have provided a spray disinfectant and paper towels that we ask you to use, to wipe any of the equipment down that you may have touched.
- We also live at the farm; we will always try to greet you when you arrive – sometimes this isn’t possible due to timings and so on, but we are very active around the farm so we will anticipate to meet you in person, socially distanced, as soon as we can. If you need any help during your stay or have any questions, we kindly ask that you contact us via telephone – you will be provided with numbers where you can reach us; this is providing you cannot find us pottering around the farm in the first instance of course.
- We always like to offer interactive farm experiences, especially for children. We will continue to offer our fun & engaging experiences as best we can, all the while following social distancing procedures. We imagine this has been a strange time for children, and with some so young they surely cannot understand the distancing measures but we will do our best to maintain that level of farmyard fun that so many compliment us on.
- Please respect other guests during your stay; whilst we are doing all we can to protect our guests, we ask that you play your part too. Fellow guests may not wish to engage with you, have their children play near yours and so on. COVID-19 has affected everyone differently and it’s important that we all respect each other’s boundaries.
- If during your stay, you develop any COVID symptoms or suspect you, or someone you are staying with may have the virus, please make us aware as soon as possible. We will do all we can to help but please understand that it may not be possible to extend your stay for any periods of isolation.
Food delivery slots can still be difficult to get hold of. We are happy for you to have a grocery shop delivered to your cottage but understand that sometimes traffic and unexpected occurrences can come up in your journey. If your grocery shop arrives before you, and we are around, we are happy to unpack your fridge/freezer items for you to stop anything spoiling – we will do so with gloves. Please advise before your arrival if you can, if you are expecting a grocery delivery.
Attractions and pubs and restaurants are beginning to open but it’s important to know what the new procedures are, if any. Many places are now operating a book-in-advance system so be sure to plan ahead of your stay if there are certain places you know you wish to visit to avoid disappointment. Please check out Visit East of England, individual organisation’s websites, and/or get in touch with us if you need some advice – we’re trying to keep up-to-date with what’s happening locally!
We look forward helping you have an excellent Damerons Farm experience.
Sue & Wayne