Leave your pre-wedding jitters behind…
It’s a known fact that wedding planning can turn even the most relaxed of brides into a nervous wreck!
That’s why Damerons Farm is the perfect location for a relaxing Suffolk farm break in the lead up to your nuptials.
Whether you are getting married in the centre of Ipswich or hosting your wedding reception locally (perhaps you’ve chosen our neighbours at Manor Farm?), our easily accessible and relaxing surroundings make us the perfect base for your pre-wedding preparations, so you can calm your nerves and get ready for your big day in peace.
The night before your wedding
If you have a large wedding party, our cottages are ideal for you to relax and spend time with your family or your chosen bridesmaids.
The night before your wedding should be stress-free – after months of preparation, all your planning will have been done. All you will need to focus on is ensuring that you get enough beauty sleep.
But if you’re still feeling nervous, then here are some of our top tips which will help to relax any stressed-out bride the night before her wedding.
- Have a long bath and wash your hair. If you’re planning an elaborate up-do to match your gown, make sure you wash your hair the night before. Freshly washed hair may look great, but it can be too slippery for your hairdresser to work with. So, take your time by lazing in a hot bubble bath with your favourite book and treat your hair to a deep conditioning treatment. Your hairdresser will thank you for it!
- Watch your favourite movie with your bridesmaids. Each of our cottages features a flat screen TV and DVD player, so grab your girls and settle down with a drink and some snacks to watch your favourite movie. Top choices include My Best Friend’s Wedding, Murial’s Wedding, Bridesmaids, 27 dresses or you could even sing along to Mamma Mia. But if rom-coms aren’t your thing, why not laugh at the Wedding Crashers or The Hangover?
- Break in your wedding shoes. All girls know that it’s important to fully break in any new pair of shoes before wearing them for hours on end. One thing that no one ever tells you before your wedding day is how much your feet will hurt by the time you go to bed. That’s why we think you should put your wedding shoes on, turn the music up and dance like no one is watching!
- Toast your marriage with a glass of champagne. The night before your wedding is a last chance for you to sit down with your mum and your bridesmaids. Our courtyard is the perfect place for you to sit back with your loved ones and pop open a bottle of champagne to toast your future happiness.
- Keep up with your beauty routine. Finally, before you tumble into bed, make sure you remove any traces of make- up, lather on your moisturiser and drink a large glass of water before having a good night’s sleep. You skin will look fabulous when you wake up.
The perfect location for a hen weekend
If you’ve already sorted your pre-wedding night accommodation, then why not get together with your girls and celebrate your hen weekend on the Farm?
Blacksmith’s cottage can sleep up to 8 people whilst Churn House and Wheelwright’s Cottage can be joined together by a connecting door to sleep up to 10 people, making our farm the perfect location to celebrate your nuptials, no matter how many hens will be joining you.
Located on the outskirts of Ipswich, we have the ideal location where we are close enough to the town if you are looking to go out for dinner and drinks (we would recommend any of the bars and restaurants on the Ipswich waterfront) whilst we are rural enough to be a fantastic option for anyone looking to get away from it all.
With an onsite games and leisure room as well as a large picnic / grass play area, there is plenty do on the farm throughout your stay. Our guests are welcome to use our brand-new barbecues (you can read some of our favourite recipes) or you can even get involved in farmyard life – our resident chickens, geese and dogs are always happy to meet new people!
If you are looking to stay on the farm for the duration of your hen weekend, then why not enjoy personalised cocktails via a mobile bar, luxury dining thanks to a local caterer or even a pampering session with a local beautician? We thoroughly recommend Vicky at My Blissful Retreat!
Whatever you are looking for, we can help you celebrate your perfect hen weekend. We’re always happy to share any recommendations with your maid of honour – all she needs to do is give us a call!